Business Management

The Incredibly Simple (Free) App That’s Going to Revolutionize How You Manage Real Estate Projects Forever

Expertise: Landlording & Rental Properties, Personal Development, Real Estate News & Commentary, Real Estate Investing Basics, Business Management, Flipping Houses, Mortgages & Creative Financing, Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice, Real Estate Wholesaling, Personal Finance, Real Estate Marketing, AskBP

Have you ever enjoyed dinner at a fabulous restaurant or experienced incredible customer service at a local store?  What’s the first thing you want to do?

If you are anything like me, you probably want to tell your friends all about it.

We love to share stuff with others that we find awesome, useful, or interesting and today I’m excited to share something pretty awesome with you.  For any real estate house flippers, agents, property managers, wholesalers, or anyone else in the real estate industry – this new app is going to make your life a whole lot easier.

It’s called “Dispatch.tv” and it’s all about helping you manage your life with video. Let me explain how it works.

(I’m not connected with Dispatch.tv at all and don’t get any sort of compensation from bragging about them. I just really like it!)

Related: Real Estate Apps: The 10 Best Mobile Apps for Real Estate Professionals

How Dispatch.tv Works

Before I explain exactly how it works, let me first explain why it’s important.

Whether you are a real estate investor, a real estate agent, property manager, or something entirely different, you are a busy person, I know. You are probably trying to manage multiple projects, deals, properties, or whatever.

• Let's just say you are a house flipper. Your need to check out how the fireplace tile turned out over on your 123 Main street, but a photo isn't going to give you the "full picture." Your contractor or project manager could send you a video, but he's likely going to upload it to youtube to get lost in the mess and open for the world to see. It's tough to stay organized this way.
  • Or let's say you are a real estate agent, showing houses to an out-of-state investor. You could take photos, but you want to go a step further. Again, you could upload videos to youtube, but the process is cumbersome and you want to make this quick.
  • Or let’s say you are a landlord or property manager and you want to document the move-in condition of a property before a new tenant takes control.  You know videos are a lot more effective in showing the condition than pictures, but you don’t want to store all these videos on your computer to lose or on YouTube for the world to see, but you want your clients/owners/partners to be able to see the condition whenever they want.

Dispatch.tv is an incredibly simple (and free) app that allows you to shoot video on your iPhone and easily upload it to a private online room that is viewable by whoever you would like.

IMG_2548 3.PNGSharing the page is as simple as providing their email address.  These “rooms” are called Channels and they are a great way to keep your videos organized, private, simple, and easy to access. The neat part is: The only one who needs to open a Dispatch.tv free account is the one who creates the room. Everyone else is simply invited to engage in the channel with an email address. I think this is one of the strongest features on Dispatch.tv – as you don’t need all your team to join. They just need an email.

Going back to the three examples I mentioned a moment ago:

• The contractor could shoot simple photos and upload them to the "123 Main Street" channel. One video could be the fireplace, another the drywall. Another the flooring. And the video is instantly reviewable by anyone who is in the "channel." You can view it, leave comments about the progress, and invite others to view as well.
  • The real estate agent can simply upload a video of each room of the property, and share the channel with their prospective out of town buyer. The buyer can simply open the page on any computer, tablet, or phone and watch the video tour of the property, making a purchase decision much easier.
  • IMG_2551The landlord can simply shoot videos of the property and upload them to the Dispatch.tv channel for that property.  They can share the room with others, when needed, and have easy access to the videos anytime. When the tenant moves out, they can simply look back at the videos to see exactly the condition of the property and charge the tenant for any damages.

Related: 22 Innovative Apps to Streamline Your Business (and Life)

Conclusion

I’m a huge productivity and organizational junkie, which is why I am pretty excited about how Dispatch.tv is going to help me run my business more effectively.

The only thing I wish the app had was:

• The ability to upload photos as well
  • An Android version, which I assume is coming soon. I just assume most of my contractors have android, not an iPhone.

Other than that, I think this app is going to be incredibly helpful for me. What do you think?

Check out Dispatch.tv by clicking here – and don’t forget to leave me a comment below!

Brandon Turner is an active real estate investor, entrepreneur, writer, and co-host of the BiggerPockets Podcast. He began buying rental properties and flipping houses at age 21, discovering he didn’t need to work 40 years at a corporate job to have “the good life.” Today, with nearly 100 rental units and dozens of rehabs under his belt, he continues to invest in real estate while also showing others the power, and impact, of financial freedom. His writings have been featured on Forbes.com, Entrepreneur.com, FoxNews.com, Money Magazine, and numerous other publications across the web and in print media. He is the author of The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down, The Book on Rental Property Investing, and co-author of The Book on Managing Rental Properties, which he wrote alongside his wife, Heather, and How to Invest in Real Estate, which he wrote alongside Joshua Dorkin. A life-long adventurer, Brandon (along with Heather and daughter Rosie) splits his time between his home in Washington State and various destinations around the globe.

Glenn F.
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Unfortunately this app is only for apple products. My devices are all Android. Alternatively, you can upload your videos to your favorite cloud provider for sharing as this app works on the freemium model.
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hey Glenn, yep- I wish it were on Android, but I assume they are building it now. Android is just much more complicated to build for, I hear!
    Christopher Poplin from Lakewood, Washington
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hi Brandon, This is a great find! I’ll have to check it out. From a cursory glance at their blog it looks like a person you invite to a channel has to have the Dispatch.tv phone app to upload videos (i.e. contractors, realtors, Property Managers on your team) to the channel. It would be even more awesome if these invitees could contribute videos from any phone photo stream so they wouldn’t need the app for that either. That would solve the Android/iphone issue you spoke of and make it easier to get team members contributing without having to worry about downloading a new app. Maybe this could be added down the road as they seem to be trying to keep it a simple as possible. Thanks for another great tip! Christopher
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hey Christopher, yeah that seems like a way around it. Maybe they could email the vids to a special email address and it would upload instantly? Maybe the developers will see these comments and add it to their list!
    Account Closed Investor from Denver, Colorado
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Cool concept, but it’s real buggy for me. Crashes firefox browser on my MacBook Pro every time I try to watch one of my test videos. Also doesnt appear to record in 16×9 landscape mode. I just record with my iPhone and upload an unlisted video directly to youtube.
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hey Jason, interesting – I haven’t had it crash yet – but I know there have been a lot of changes lately with Apple so maybe they are playing catch up (Like BP is!)
    Jean Bolger from Aurora, Colorado
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Thanks! I can think of all kinds of uses for this
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Thanks Jean!
    Chris reed
    Cool Brandon! Thanks!!
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Thanks Chris!
    Lin Vanderhook Investor from Santa Maria, California
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    I have a wait and see attitude on this one. Great concept. I would use it ….I will wait till the bugs are out, and it is fine tuned for Android.
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hey Lin – yeah, I get the feeling they are still building this bigger/better all the time. It’s a fairly new app, I believe, but I see a ton of potential. We’ll see!
    Tom Keith Investor from Longview, Texas
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hey Brandon, I saw this and jumped right in. I can see so many benefits for me and my team. Thanks again for the help. Tom.
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Thanks Tom! Glad I could help!
    Christina R
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hey Brandon, This looks like a great app – wish they had an Android version. In the last week, however, I’ve uploaded about 3 different videos I shot on my phone to the OneDrive and had no problem distributing them in view-only mode as a link to those I needed to email them to. So I’ll use that for now until they get a Droid version of this going. Thanks for all the techy-tips and please keep them coming!
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Thanks Christina! Yeah, I see a lot of potential in this app once the android version is out. I have an iPhone, but I know a lot of folks don’t… yet 😉
    Jen Kurtz Professional from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    That sounds awesome Brandon, I can’t wait to check this out and also look forward to an android app! I just love google and my android devices.
    Brandon Turner Investor from Maui, HI
    Thanks Jen! I appreciate the comment! 🙂
    Mindy Jensen BiggerPockets Community Manager from Longmont, CO
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Hey Brandon, This app looks really great. I have a sales meeting at my real estate office next week, I am going to play around with it and share with the group. I may even give you a shout out! Thanks for the information!
    Bret Nida Flipper/Rehabber from Centreville, VA
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    Nice! I’ll have to add this to my arsenal. As a Broker, my business model and image projection is referral based and you have to be on the VIP list in order for me to represent you. That “exclusive” concept works very well. I could use this video concepts for Sneak Peaks of my flips or other listings that “might not ever hit the market”. Hmmm As an investor, one could use this for a property they are seeking funds for(hardmoney) or a deal they are wholesaling. Thanks for the turn on!
    Frankie Woods Investor from Albuquerque, NM
    Replied almost 5 years ago
    This seems awesome! My team is trying to teach out of state realtors how to take video of properties he wants to “show” us. This will fit in our plan perfectly! Thank you!