Itching to quit your 9 to 5 to become a full time investor, but don’t know how to get there? This week, we sit down with an investor who has done just that — despite obstacles that could have discouraged his plans had he not been persistent and kept an eye on his end goal.
Listen as Kyle Pettit shares with the BiggerPockets Podcast his story of breaking into the rental and wholesaling sides of the real estate industry, including tips on screening tenants, expanding your marketing reach and tackling the challenges that come with working from home. If you’re struggling to make your mark in world of real estate and wondering when that pivotal point of becoming a full time investor will ever happen, this is the motivation you’ve been waiting for.
Newbies and experienced investors alike, don’t miss out on this informative, entertaining episode!
Read the Transcript
Click here to read the transcript.
Listen to The Show on iTunes
Click here to listen on iTunes.
Listen to the Podcast Here
We just wanted to give a shout out to our podcast sponsor on today’s show: RealtyShares. RealtyShares is a crowdfunding platform that allows you to invest in professionally managed properties without leaving your living room!
Learn more by visiting RealtyShares.com/biggerpockets!
In This Show We Cover:
- Details on Kyle’s first deals
- The ins and outs of an REO deal
- What you need to know about hard money lenders
- The importance of building relationships early on
- How to be persistent despite setbacks on a wholesaling deal
- Important information about lease options
- How to find a good company for screening tenants
- Getting started with postcards and yellow letter campaigns
- Why you should always background check the people you work with
- How to handle phone calls through a virtual phone system
- Quitting your day job to focus on real estate
- Tips on finding and handling sellers
- The keys to expanding your real estate marketing
- What you should expect being a full time real estate investor
- Managing distractions and working at home
- And lots more!
Links From the Show
Books Mentioned in the Show
- Brandon Turner’s The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down
- Making Big Money Investing in Foreclosures: Without Cash or Credit by Peter Conti and David Finkel
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki