"Wealthy People Dont Own Anything. They Control Everything"

11 Replies

Promotion
Innago
Property Management Software
Manage Your Rentals Better For Free. Save Time & Money.
Easily Collect Rent, Screen Tenants, Sign Leases, List Properties, Manage Work Orders, & Much More!
100% Free Try It Now
Originally posted by @Semaj Worrell :

"Wealthy People Dont Own Anything. They Control Everything"

Wealth means "plenty" and has little to do with controlling everything. It has everything to do with having a lot of what makes you happy.

People can have wealth in family, friends, food, money, etc., etc... I'd even say control, too.

Just a bonus opinion... People who think wealth equates to having a lot of money or control are fools at a very minimum. It's because of this thought people don't see how wealthy they really are.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, brother. Now back to real estate...

Well no one "controls everything". I think the notion of control in general is comical. In life we can make plans and set goals but control isn't an option. I think that life is more about being able to find the good in everything. It is about being able to adapt and roll with the punches. 

You will hear the term on hear often that in order to succeed in Real Estate you have to be a transaction engineer. In life you have to be a situation engineer. 

Obviously this is overly simplistic language but it gets the thought across.

Hey thanks BP family. I believe wealth comes in many forms. In the end, we only own ourselves. As far as land and the things around us, knowing how to control how we allow them to affect us is also a form of wealth. Us as entrepreneurs are powerful minds. Lets Build ;) 

Stay Productive

The responses are in the wrong context @Semaj Worrell   . I think the statement mainly refers to the legal context of entities that house all the companies, assets, & real estate, of the wealthy. They have registered agents, and proxies that stand in "control," of the entities or properties/assets however these proxies follow orders of the real owners the "wealthy," in this context. 

That is the real meaning of that statement, not a personal definition of wealth within a persons perspective.

or the "wealthy," control entities obscurely through provisions and codes within the corporate bylaws, operating agreement, partnership agreement, etc. On the surface it may look like someone else is the owner but this is camouflage asset protection at its finest.

@Albert Bui  Thanx a lot sir. I am aware of the initial intent of the statement. In the comments my colleagues broadened the topic to their own personal interpretation. In those senses, I understand where they are coming from. But like you said, "the statement mainly refers to the legal context of entities that house all the companies, assets, & real estate, of the wealthy." It's a numbers game. I really appreciate the insight! Let's stay connected.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you