• Residential Lender
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
New Business Plan - Denver, CO market

Mike Henderson
  • Residential Lender
  • Littleton, CO
Posted Sep 18 2008, 14:42

I wanted to post the first part to get feedback from people and the second part is my immediate action items.

Target Market: Anyone who has a house for sale, buying a house or a mortgage. LOL. I think these solutions for a specific target market will also allow service to a broad based market. The specific target market is Denver, Colorado metro area. I'm trying to target people in the preforeclosure arena, before the home hits auction.

USP: Unique Selling Proposition. I'm going to target these people and try to help them make the best decision. I really don't care what the decision is, I just want to make money from it. Here is my solutions to go over the homeowner with

1) Refinance. This is most likely what they want to do. I'm in the process of getting a Colorado Brokers license.
2) Work out agreement. Whether it is a restructuring, forbarence, or modification. I was originally going to handle this myself. I now believe I'll outsource this function and merely act as a sales agent
3) Short sale. I'm in the process of getting a Colorado Real Estate License. This is how I would target my listings. I'm aware of the paperwork involved, but listings are gold for a Realtor.
4) Buy the home myself. Ultimately I want to be a Real Estate Investor. Doing these other things will allow me to make an income to pay bills like a normal job and allow me to earn capital for my investments. My dream is to be able to buy deals "subject to", but I think I need to have the full arsenal of tricks.

This is my basic approach. I know Colorado has some wierd foreclosure laws and rules. I'm in the process of investigating this. I thought with all the bright people why not start here. I certainly have more details about this; financing, exit strategy, and others. This is the most important part.

PART 2 - My real life influence with the plan.

Most people start REI investing it seems by buying some books and DVD's, maybe even personal coaching. I understand and I do spend money on stuff, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I thought it would be wise to try to get a job in the industry. My idea is if I'm going to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars why don't I try to spend it the best way. Getting these licenses as the key to unlocking a lot of immediate income and long term opportunities. So as I get ready to undertake this event any advice appreciated.

Loading replies...