Real Estate Investor and an Architect

9 Replies

What's up BP, I'm a new member and this my first official post.

I have one simple question. What are some strategies and ideas about how a real estate investor and an interior architect work together? Would working together be an idea that could help make better investments and decisions?

Short story: I'm researching and training for real estate investing and my wife holds a master of architecture degree from USC. We were thinking about working together.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for your time and replies,

-Eric

Promotion
Marko Rubel
ATTENTION INVESTORS
Get Deals 100% Funded – No Credit, No Banks, No Job Verification
New Unlimited Funding® program for investors: low-interest, without banks or shark lenders.
Check availability

That's an awesome combo! There's a strategy called BRRR (buy, rehab, rent, refinance) that is mentioned pretty often on this site and it'd be a good way to utilize both skill sets and get into rental properties with low money down. It's kind of like a flip but instead of selling you just refinance to get your down payment back and then keep it as a rental.

I would say too that since your wife is an architect you should look into bigger opportunities like land development or serious flips. I have zero knowledge in those areas but figured with an architect that would be one way to shoot for the stars

Good luck!

Eric,

I like your model because I do it myself!  I am an architect that also invests and love to build my own work from the ground up.  I am in LA about twice a year and would love to get together next time I'm in town to pick your brain on your strategy.

I am also an architect in the Utah area and am interested in doing the same. I have bought and sold a couple of my own personal residences and I have one good cash flowing duplex right now. I'm really trying to figure out the path that I need to take to start doing my own developing and major flips. Right now my plan is to pick up several more BRRRR multi-families and hold onto them for long term cash flow. Once I get some more capital and cash flow I plan to take it to the next level and start some flipping.

I also work for a very large real estate developer and I'm hoping to develop my own skills from them and investing them into my own portfolio. 

I am a home designer and have often wondered what would be the best way to leverage those skills into real estate investing. I am far more connected with new construction than rehab but I will look into BRRRR. Thanks for starting this string.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you