Commercial Lender Package Examples/Suggestions

2 Replies

This may be to general, but I have inherited a position in a commercial property and I am looking to buy out a family partner. It is a cash flowing property with no debt and I want to approach some lenders. I would like to go in looking like a professional with a package to covers all the requirements. I’m looking for examples of packages or suggestions on good commercial lending resources. 

I think you need to give some more information.  What is it you need to loan, the amount, how long you want to have the loan? 

A commercial loan right now is 70-80 LTV (depending on what it is used for, and by that I mean if it is cannibus related it is a 50% LTV), around 6% (if you have a 650 or above), for 15 years (this could vary).

Thanks @Michele B.

The property is a 5 door NNN with 100% occupancy. The appraised value 2 years ago was 3.2 million and I expect the LTV would be around 50% since that is his stake in the partnership. I do not know what the partner is willing to take for his interest at this time, but I think he is trying to replace the worry and stress of ownership with a lump sum in the bank. Since there is no debt there is significant cash flow that I need to maintain for the health and well being of an aging parent, so I will be trying to keep the payment within a range of 6-6500 a month. I would like to try and find a 30 year amortization 5 to 10 year term, but I understand that might be hard find in commercial loans. The appraised value 2 years ago was 3.2 million and I expect the LTV would be around 50% since that is his stake in the partnership.

I want to put together a leather bound notebook that  would have a good 1 sheet with info a bank would like to see and then have more in depth financials as other documents that I will need during the application and underwriting process. I think if I walk in with something professional looking in hand that will help my chances. I am looking for suggestion and or examples of what I should include.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you