Best banks for a business account

1 Reply

Does anyone have success with having a business account at a large bank? My partner and I are looking for a bank to store cash as well as create a business bank account. We are hoping for the bank to possibly fund our projects (flip or refinance) at some point as well. Would a small local bank be the better play?

@Effram Barrett Yes, I would recommend a smaller local bank.  You can build a relationship with a banker there.  There is a higher probability that they may be portfolio lenders, which means that they hold onto their loans, instead of sell them.  And, loan approvals are handled by a local committee, which usually includes the banker that you have a relationship with. They usually also have better terms for business accounts regarding the amount of fees they charge.  I have always preferred using smaller banks, and as you can tell, recommend that to anyone.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you