Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Joe Chesebro
Votes |
Rochester, NY - Seeking mentoring & connections

Joe Chesebro
Posted Feb 3 2023, 17:55

Hey everyone, new investor here looking for mentoring and any helpful contacts.

My first goal is to do a house hack in at least a somewhat decent neighborhood (ideally in the Greece/Gates area but I know I need to be flexible). Based on what I'm seeing, that feels like I'm looking for a unicorn, but I'm also looking with untrained eyes and I'm looking mostly at MLS listings. Beyond the house hack, I'm interested in owning multiple long-term rentals, and maybe some short-term vacation rentals in places I like to travel (VA Beach, New Orleans).

I’m looking for one or more mentors who are willing to meet (in person or remotely) to walk me through some property analyses, advise me on where else I might want to search for good deals, and offer anything else I should be considering. My main learning goals are 1) knowing where/how to find good deals and 2) being able to reliably crunch the numbers on my own and interpret the results.

Beyond that, I’ll be looking to network with agents, contractors, property managers, and anyone else who I might need to team up with. Thanks for any recommendations you can offer.

I'll be using the "Networking" tab to reach out to people. And on Thursday 2/9 I'll be at the Freedom First REIA meeting and would enjoy meeting any of you - so if you'll be there feel free to send me a heads-up.

Once I get the hang of things, I’ll do my best to give back by helping others. But for now, thanks in advance to anyone who would like to connect and or help in some way.

Loading replies...