Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Ness
  • Realtor
  • Lafayette, IN
Votes |
Feeling like I am stagnating with early success.

Ryan Ness
  • Realtor
  • Lafayette, IN
Posted Apr 14 2023, 09:59

I am 22 years old and a licensed Realtor in Lafayette, IN. I am currently looking for my next investment opportunity while also working to help new clients who are focused on building generational wealth through Real Estate. 

With the market being scarce at least on the listing side of things, what are some daily practices you have taken on to ensure that you are still moving forward even when it may feel as though you are just spinning your wheels?

Right now I have had a lot of time available to read many books on finance/investment/real estate, but am having a hard time deciding where the most impactful area would be to take action. I am living in one half of a duplex, which would cashflow at a minimum of $800 once I move out, so I am eager to find the next opportunity to be able to take advantage of this cash flow. I have received $7,000 so far that is set aside for expenses in high-yield savings as the property will likely need an HVAC and Roof Replacement in the future. HVAC is budgeted as a $16-18k expense to entirely replace both units (worst case scenario) and then the roof is budgeted for $12k. I have cash liquid beyond the income from the property I can draw from if necessary but I like to keep it separate and just let the CapEx account build.

The real estate sales that I have done so far have been all from family relationships and family friends and I am looking to expand my reach to help more people in the real estate industry. With the slow market, I am having a hard time finding balance between committing to either RE sales, or my Full-time job that requires about 85hrs/week, and looking for investment opportunities. Does anyone have any advice from a similar experience?

Loading replies...