Pro Member
  • Martinsville, IN
Votes |
Beach Rental Property Analysis

Lindsey Kocher
Pro Member
  • Martinsville, IN
Posted May 7 2023, 18:51

First time poster and new to the world of REI! We are looking at purchasing our first investment property in our favorite vacation spot.

4/3 1500 Sq foot beach house for $675k.   This is somewhat competitive in this market.  Turn-key and fully furnished. 

Financing plan is hard money loan for 25% (possibly using some of our own capital), and DSCR loan for the mortgage. Average projected monthly rental income is around 8-11k (seasonal fluctuation).

Using the rental calculator tool (with estimated taxes/insurance/PM fees) I'm still only generating $1000/month, which isn't enough to cover the hard money loan.  The BIG thing I can't begin to estimate and help me best understand if this is a good buy is whether or not the tax benefits are going to keep me in the black?  

I suspect that may be a 5-10 yr property for us so we could claim some depreciation.  Monthly operating costs are estimated to be around $6700 (>50%!), but all of this should be tax deductible right?

I've been crunching these number so long and we REALLY want this place....someone help guide me in the right direction!  

Loading replies...