What to buy? and Why?

2 Replies

My best recommendation for purchasing an investment property is a multi-family owner occupied home!

Why?

You are living for free or pretty close to it.

You get the real hands on feeling of being an investor.

There is no real need for a property manager as you are right there.

You will only need a very low down payment.

You can go FHA and purchase a four family owner occupied unit.

It is much easier to do the work when you are right there.

It couldn't be much easier to collect the rent.

Hey Jerry,

I like your recommendations for the multi-family. I personally graduated college just this last April and looking for a job. Once I get situated in a position that I enjoy, I am hoping to do just this. A 4 unit would be absolutely perfect for my situation as a new RE investor. If I remember correctly, you need to live on sight for a year to get tax breaks? I am not sure exactly how the tax situation is after you decide to move after a year or two but I will be researching much more on this type of investment as the weeks and months go by!

I loved the recommendations you have given me. I am extremely pleased with those. Just 2 days back I got a heavy amount and I was just looking out for a better investment plan. Thanks for the information. I got a clear picture and idea about investment.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you