Difference between home owners and landlord's insurance?

1 Reply

Home owners insurance is for you in your own personal home. They cover the contents inside your home as well as the structure itself. 

Landlords Insurance is insurance that an investor/landlord will get when they are renting out the property to a tenant. It will cover the structure from fire, wind/hail, etc. This policy doesn't cover the tenants contents and so they will need to get their own renters insurance.