Hey BP!

5 Replies

Hello, My name is David McCready.

I live in Windsor, CA and relatively new to real estate investing.  I'm currently a full time Police Officer and a UH-60 pilot in the California Army National Guard.

I love my jobs, but to be honest, I do not want to be a wage slave the rest of my life.  I have been searching for a business idea that I am passionate about and I always end up coming back to real estate.  I've always thought it was too expensive for me to start my own real estate business in my area until I found this site.  I just purchased my primary residence last May ($415,000)... thankfully it has already earned quite a bit of equity. 

Beyond the aforementioned reason, I want to get into real estate investing because I want to be home more with my family.

My plan is to focus primarily multi family units for long term passive income with flips in between.  I am currently in the education phase, but my goal is to purchase my first investment property in the next twelve months. 

Thanks for the time!

David G. McCready

Welcome.  You'll find a wealth of information about real estate investing here at BP.  You get out of it what you put into it.

God Bless You!

Welcome to BP.

but my goal is to purchase my first investment property in the next twelve months. 

That is a very realistic goal. A lot of new investors never do a deal because they expect it to be easy and get a deal in a month or two.

Hi David,

Welcome to BP!  Loads of info here so dig in.

Happy investing! Looking forward to learning and sharing together.

thank you all! So far I cannot get enough of this site and speaking with everyone about their experiences. Thanks for the replys!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.