Nicholas DeLouisa Jr
  • Massapequa, NY
Votes |
How to choose a niche

Nicholas DeLouisa Jr
  • Massapequa, NY
Posted Aug 22 2014, 19:54

Hi everyone,

Perhaps a subject beaten to death, but I have a personalized question about how to decide toward what niche I should put my efforts ... in the beginning.

I want to buy-and-hold.  I feel this very personally and very strongly.  However, when just starting out, I've heard other people suggest beginning with wholesaling and to save up some money from those profits.  So I started to look into wholesaling, and it seems like this is not exactly the "easier" route I was led to believe.  In fact, it seems like a ton of work and time to build a good wholesaling business that will produce the profits people say I might need to buy a rental property for myself.

Please understand, I have no problem with hard work.  I have no problem with dedicating the time required to make my business successful.  But I do have a 9-5.

What I'm asking is, if wholesaling requires so much time and effort to become successful (i.e. make enough profit to use for down payments for property), wouldn't I would wind up putting all my spare time (outside of my 9-5, which is actually more of a 5-5) and energy into wholesaling, when what I really want to do is buy-and-hold?  If I bust my a** to become a good wholesaler (which I'm not sure my heart would be in), when do I get into buy-and-hold (which is where I know I belong)?

I'd appreciate any thoughts anyone might have ...

Loading replies...