Mentor

9 Replies

How much should someone expect to pay for a real estate mentoring program from a local investor? 

what is he offering? What's the value for you? Personally I pay nothing. While there was the education cost of figuring it out, the cost was low compared to these programs. Personally as a buy and hold investor, read up on Nola books your state. Than get started!

Biggerpockets is an amazing resource!! People offer great free advice. See someone shos advice you like, check out their signature . This is another great free resource!

So the point is, there is great  resources that offer free mentor ship. There is also mentors who will charge 35k+ (combined diwnpayments for my first 2 deals)

Thanks for the reply. He is asking $8,000 up front and $200 a month as long as you are in the program.

personally that's rediculous but we just jumped in and got started! Yes we had a learning curve by it didn't cost that much! We are buy and holds!

What are you goals plans? Why do you think you need a mentor? Personally I would recommend use this site as a mentor, with it's free resource! Reach out to those you have questions with and Even check out the signature!  I would save you money because you will still have oh **** costs!

I have been listening to the podcast for a while but have not been active on the site. Bare with me, what do you mean by " check out the signature"? We recently purchased a new primary residence and will be using our existing homes (2) as rentals after minor rehab. Then we plan on purchasing more buy and hold rentals. We own both homes free and clear.

Signatures are the area below a post where people list their website contact info etc! Congrats, you are off to a great start. We got started through turning our personals into a rental when we were transferred (Military). We are buy and hold investors! 

Does he promise to give you the $10K back if you aren't successful at completing a deal?

@Michael P. Derr  get your first two rented and you will know all you need to build a rental empire.. Learn on the fly. Ask questions. Leverage your first two to get more.

Honestly I'm just starting out as well but I too think that price is ridiculous! On BP alone is a wealth of knowledge you just have to look for it and take your time and read it. You may also have luck checking with your local reia or meetups. When I was lopoking for a temp part time job I actually came across a REI ad looking for an assistant. I pretty much told them I'm not much of a assistant but I can help them with things they need help with or maybe I could take them out for a coffee or beer lol. Interesting enough they responded. It may be easier to build a relationship then work from there.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.