Mortgage

11 Replies

Before I can analyze a deal and calculate the cash flow, I have to factor in the mortgage payments. Do I call a bank to find out what my mortgage would be on  property first? 

Actually you should just be able to use an online mortgage calculator to figure out what your total monthly payments are.  This is a very simple thing to do and would not require yo to bother a lender.

Curt Davis, Real Estate Agent in TN (#00321765)

@Curt Davis an online mortgage calculator? That's a great idea. Do I just Google 'online mortgage calculator'?

Your mortgage payment would be dependent upon the interest rate you can get, the amortization period of the loan (ie: 30 yr, 15 yr, 20 yr, etc..) You could also check out an Interest Only loan. I use a financial calculator to calculate Principal & interest, taxes & insurace you will have to guestimate. You can lookup on Zillow for taxes (divide amount by 12) and insurance you can estimate by the area. Online calculator would work too :) google mortgage payment calculator

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mortgages/mortgage-calculator.aspx

if you have a good idea of your taxes and insurance and rate I like mlcalc.com

Thanks @Grace Tripp & @Elizabeth Colegrove 

Trusted; quick to use mortgage calculator is a wonderful tool to calculate and instantly predict you mortgage payment and more. Absolutely free mortgage calculator online can help you save on your home loan today.

Hi, 

You can use online mortgage calculator to calculate your mortgage payments. This is really an amazing tool and is very easy to use. Simply enter the house price, down payment and detail about home loan to calculate your payment.

@Awen Thomas thanks! it's definitely much easier. I believe it includes the current interest rates.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you