Votes
Kelly Foydl
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Business Planning - Forecasting

Kelly Foydl
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Feb 4 2015, 14:38

It's the 1st quarter and as I've stated in a prior post, I'm doing my research, building my game plan etc. I am starting to actually write down my business plan draft(s) that I will be refining over time. One of the topics I hear about is the age old topic of to leverage or not to leverage. I am in the position of potentially being able to chose. So I am about to attempt to build a spreadsheet to analyze cash flow with and without leverage to help build my goals for each of the first 5 years. (Yes, I will be backing into my goals) but I also want to review how leveraging will impact my cashflow over multiple rentals etc. You know, to assess my comfort levels against best guesses of numbers against whether my goals are realistic or too small blah blah blah.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has already created such a spreadsheet so I don't have to recreate the entire wheel? Does this exist anywhere already?

I know I am investing for cash flow, not as much about appreciation. Stabilty is fine for me, appreciation is a bonus. So I'm looking to create a forecast, with multiple properties, leveraged and cash situations to see the differences to help refine my business plan. 

Thanks for looking!