investing

6 Replies

What can i do with $10,000 ? how can i invest it strategically? 

That is a very broad question. And you are asking it without giving us any background about you and your goals. That makes it tough to answer. I suggest you read the free beginners guide for a start. 

http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

Hello,

You could lend the $10,000 to an investor that needs the 20% down payment.  Your money could also be pooled with other private lenders, and when the property is sold, is when you make a return on your money.

Make sure though that it is a solid deal, and before you lend your money out, make sure you research everything you need to know for lower risks.

Good luck.

Melissa

Put it somewhere that can be accessed quickly, some where liquid. Not a suggestion but I used to use the stock market because I knew a stock genius. This becomes an emergency fund and you will feel better having one. and it pays better then a savings account.

Now start learning about investing with no or little money here and pick a ball game to get into. 

@Melissa W. : I would really like to get into multi family units using an FHA loan, how could I get started with that? I'm 19 years old, and love real estate

Hi Micheal,

That's great that you are already thinking about your future at such a young age! 

As you know FHA loans are backed up by the government, so if you end up defaulting on your mortgage payments, the lenders still get paid. With that said, watch Brandon Turner's podcasts. He is a co-host partner of Biggerpockets, and also has a passion for buying multi-family units. You could live in one of the units yourself and rent out the other units. In some cases, the leasee's could pay for your entire mortgage.

Make sure you understand the 2% rule and the 50% rule to determine that you are doing your calculations correctly.  

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Melissa

You could do 1-2 flips with that in certain markets with partial rehabs. I have done exactly that with two of my flips in 2015. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.