Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Adam Stone
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Corona, CA
Votes |
California - New to this and looking for pointers!

Adam Stone
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Corona, CA
Posted May 30 2015, 13:28

Hey everybody! I'm so excited to have joined the BP community.  It's truly amazing to see how many people are so involved.  So, as my profile says, I'm 19 years old, almost 20 (Woohoo!), and am wise beyond my years and looking for the best ways to get started in flipping homes.  Whether it is hitting the books and learning the legal aspects and terminology, finding a successful investor to mentor me, getting a job in the industry, or just simply learning how to fix up a property, I would love for all of you to shed some light on what it's like to start young and what the best moves to make would be.  

1. If it be reading books and taking courses, are there any in particular you would suggest?  Should I shoot towards a specialty certification in a certain field?  Are there any random subjects that are crucial that I haven't thought of yet?  Is school even necessary?

2. To begin my search for a mentor, are there certain places to look whether it's online or around town?  Should I just begin contacting the owners of realty firms?

3. Regarding an occupation in the industry, which would be the best learning experience?  Is there anywhere in specific that investors offer jobs or am I just overthinking this and have to get out there?

4. Are there any top priorities that I need to learn about fixing up property?  Maybe the importance of plumbing?  Electrical wiring?  Things to know about piping?

I appreciate any feedback.  Thanks!

Loading replies...