Looking for a Real Estate Attorney OH

5 Replies

Good Morning BP,

I've recently started to get serious about REI. I'm looking to assemble the right team to help me reach my goals. Can anyone recommend a real estate attorney and CPA in the Cleveland/Akron Ohio area?

@Shimika S.

For a lawyer, I know @Christian Carson is local to the Cleveland area. In terms of a CPA, it's not imperative that they are local to you. Many of us have clients all over the U.S. (and world) and technology doesn't inhibit our ability to provide required services. 

If you are set on using a local CPA, I'd suggest contacting the state board as they will often refer you to someone. And keep asking for referrals as you already are!

@Shimika S.

I'm a real estate attorney in Cleveland, Ohio. I have a strong tax / accounting background as well with an undergraduate degree in accounting and I handle tax law issues from time to time. Never got the CPA designation as I can do the same things with the law license. If you'd prefer someone with the CPA license I would recommend Mike Palko. I don't have his contact information handy but if you PM me I'll find it for you.

I can also vouch for @Christian Carson as an excellent real estate attorney. He's a personal friend of mine and I also work with him from time to time.

Best of luck to you.

@James Wise I listened to the BP podcast that you were featured in just the other day. Thanks for your recommendation!

@Brandon Hall I'm just starting out so

I'd  prefer to work with someone locally. I know, I know... it makes me seem so technologically unsophisticated. Thanks for your reply.

@Timothy Murphy III I will PM you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.