No newbies left behind.

6 Replies

I know I am fairly new to BP and real estate investing as a whole. I have just sent my first 400 yellow letters out on Friday, with another 400 to go out this Wednesday, and another 300 to go out next Monday so I believe that makes me far from a pro.  But is it just me or does it seem that the majority of new people who come to the site revved up after a seminar end up disappearing after only a few weeks.  I know that, that is the course I have with things so I decided to start my first campaign, form my llc., and keep learning while waiting for the letters to hit the mailboxes.  

I still don't have a success story to post just yet. But I feel that I'm on my way, and that every other newbie needs to stay motivated when all the information seems to become too overwhelming.  You will never know what you can accomplish if you never try.

Getting some lists and getting letters out the door is legit action to make things happen.  Congrats on getting it done.  You can't follow-up on leads you don't have.  

I do buy and hold and have never marketed for my own deals because its a lot of work, I already have a full time job,  and I have multiple other deal sources from others who do the marketing and am willing to compensate them for that time/effort. I admire you or taking that action.

You are among the 20% of the 80/20 rule who take real action.  Now go be among the 20% of that first 20% who do the follow through to start doing deals.

Yes, many noobs talk and read and maybe even get a buyers list and a website but never do a deal.  You are in the game.  Good job!

@Marc Oister

Welcome. Good job on getting started.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers). Find them through Google and meetup.com

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul 

Congratulations on the strong start. Stay strong and consistent 💪🏼💯‼️

This seems to be very true, and consistent in many articles I have read. I am very new myself, but I am fully committed and will not stop learning until I retire. Everyday I am doing my research learning as much as I can before I make my first deal.

Sounds like you are doing the same and staying motivated! That is awesome I hope to hear nothing but success in your future. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with how much there is when talking about anything that deals with real estate. After a break though I always come back.

Just yesterday I was looking in the PA area, just to get an idea of the market for buy and hold. Maybe in the future we can talk some business. Good Luck!

@Doug McLeod Thanks for the words of encouragement

@Jacob Thompson  I know what you mean by having your time stretched thin while trying to make a transition into real estate investing but keep up the learning and it will all fall into place.

Account Closed Thats good to hear.  Keep up the learning.  If you do ever make it to PA give me a shout.  Its always a pleasure to work with fellow BP members.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.