• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Port Orchard, WA
Votes |
Kind of Stuck - Rethinking the Wholesaling Focus

Frank Matanane
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Port Orchard, WA
Posted Oct 7 2015, 01:44

So I am in the middle of reading "The Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing"

When I first started to pursue RE investing, I was really sold on starting out with Wholesaling . (Easier to learn and do - So I thought) After reading through a few chapters of this book, jumping to the related blogs in the Wholesaling chapter, along with the respective comments - I am starting to rethink this.  

Part of my concerns stem from the comments: It's a JOB, there is a ton of marketing to do, the costs of marketing, negotiating with 'desperate' sellers, and so on. 

My question I think is this....Aren't the beginning parts of Wholesaling - Fix&Flip - Buy and hold relatively the same? 

• As a newbie to any of these strategies you are doing most of the work - JOB
  • In any of these strategies aren't you still always going to do a lot of marketing?
  • In any of these strategies aren't you still going to have to sit down and negotiate with a 'desperate' seller...In order to find a profitable deal?

Once you get past this then your exit strategy takes over...right??? The differences and complexities rear their heads.

Should I consider learning a few different strategies or still focus on wholesaling?

Thanks

Loading replies...