Taking the plunge

3 Replies

Hi BP friends,

I am a contractor by day mainly remodeling homes especially bathrooms. I've been wanting to get into rentals and flipping for at least 10 years and have finally took the plunge.
I found a house that was a VA foreclosure that I bought. It appraised for 15,000 more than I gave for it, then I went in and did some upgrades. Haven't gotten it re-appraised yet but I did finish the upgrades and put a renter in it before the first Payment was due thank goodness!! My goal is to buy at least 2 or 3 more each year for the next 10 years. I'd really like to get into multi-family properties as well.
I guess my question is what should I do next from here, I want to keep moving forward but not sure I can with money tied up everywhere. Should I sit back for 6 months or so and then tackle my next property?

Welcome @Jarrod Cavinder wow what a good start! I'd say a lot of it depends on your long term goals and how you want to get there and the speed. No doubt having your skill set will serve you well.

Welcome @Jarrod Cavinder ! Those are lofty goals but attainable.
As for the 6 month thing, only you can answer that. As for me, I am a little more cautious as I start out haha

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.