• Palm Beach County, FL
Votes |
First rental property

Tarcizio Goncalves
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Palm Beach County, FL
Posted Dec 5 2016, 20:37

Hi everyone, I just created an account with BP. I've been reading alot and I am very excited that I found this website. I was hoping you all could help me out.

I live just north of Boston, Massachusetts. I love MA, particularly the area that I am in but some aspects of MA in regards to real estate scares me a little. I dont think MA is a landlord friendly state (can someone correct me if I am wrong). First off, RE taxes are super high, in terms of evicting a problematic tenant, it can take several months, and lastly, property prices are very expensive which will make my net return % very low. I look at a state like Florida which I love, property taxes and prices are super low and the eviction process takes about a month. 

MA investors, what do you do to deal with the problems I listed above?
Does someone invest in out of state properties, specifically in Florida? If so, what advise you have for me living in MA and wanting to invest in FL? I have some money that I want to use towards buying my first investment property and am not sure where to start building my portfolio of rental properties

Loading replies...