Votes
Phoenix Harris
  • Baton Rouge, LA
Votes |
College student with big ambitions

Phoenix Harris
  • Baton Rouge, LA
Posted Jan 7 2017, 17:56

Hi everyone. I am a student at LSU in Baton Rouge. I am brand new to the bigger pockets community. I have been playing with the idea of real estate for a while now, but I am not sure what my best course of action is as of right now.

I have been reading books and listening to podcasts about real estate for some time now; I listen to the bigger pockets podcast quite frequently. Should I just continue self-education in real estate until I am graduated from college, or is there something else that I can be doing right now to gain real experience? I don't have much money, being that I am in college, but I am familiar with the theory behind doing real estate without much capital (leverage, etc). I was invested in the stock markets in high school and early college, but I have taken most of it out by now to pay for school.

By the way, I am a junior and my subject of study at LSU is geology, which obviously has nothing to do with real estate. I am no business major, but I very well could have been if I didn't want to study rocks.

Loading replies...