Online Rental Application

9 Replies

Is there a place online or an app that I can send a prospective tenant to fill out an application and then it will be sent to me?

Does rentigo or tenantcloud offer these services?

You can use some of the services like erentpayment if you like. I use a modified Google Form online leaving off or abbreviating compromising info (like full SSN) as a pre-application to pre-qualify possible tenants. If they make it that far, they then get a secure online application (I use Smartmove) to continue. 

Hi Jacob,

I'll go ahead and direct message you. 

During my initial research for my first rental property I decided to go with cozy to manage the application process for my future tenants. There were quite a few other addons that it offers, but I utilized it for the application/screening (i.e background & credit check).

Thanks Angel, just started with Cozy from your post. It looks awesome!

Google Forms have worked out great!

@Jacob Treptow
At TenantCloud  you can create a free listing website and send your prospects a link to apply online.

Smart move or Cozy have good services. Cozy also has a rental ad builder that looks really good. The benefit is that if you use their link to the site that cozy built for you, you can somewhat control the marketing and tracking of leads. I use Cozy sites when I market listings on facebook most of the time. 

A google form as was mentioned also works, but just make sure that you aren't having tenants put too much compromising info on there (Driver's License #, Social Security, Etc.)

What is the security issue that people are alluding to with regard to Google Forms? Please provide a reference link.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here