Driving for Dollars App

8 Replies

Hello,  

It was either Brandon or Josh that mentioned an app on a BP podcast that he uses while driving for dollars.  With the app, he is able to use Siri to dictate an address, which is then transcribed into a Google spreadsheet.  Does anyone know the name of this app?  I've been searching on the BP site, but I'm not coming up with anything. 

Thanks for your help

I believe you're looking for IFTTT.  you can also try a app called Zapier. It also can be used to automate systems in your business

Thanks,  Jonathan!  I'll look into them.

I think it’s just an audio note in an iPhone. You can do the same thing in Evernote I believe. I like to use an app called Theodolite. Add in the custom note feature in settings. You then drive around and snap a picture of any house you are interested in. You add the address in the custom note. This will automatically stamp the time, date, location in lat/long, and then you have the address in the note. No writing required!

@Brandon Turner You mentioned as a Quick Tip on the BP Podcast Episode 232 with Nathan Brooks that you use IFTTT.com and Siri to add driving for dollars address to a google spread sheet. That is an INCREDIBLE tip but I've been searching through IFTTT.com website with no luck finding the "Applet". I've Googled it as well (no luck) and I've used the search on this site to find that blog you mentioned you'd write (no luck). PLEASE let us know how to access that tool!! It would be a huge benefit!

@Brian Watkins , Were you able to get IFTTT going?  I seem to remember in the podcast sending it as an SMS was mentioned.  I've been messing around in IFTTT for a little bit trying to get something working for multiple people driving for dollars.

Anyone have a good solution for adding to a google sheet?  I've used Spotio a little, but don't want to fork out $150/month for it.

I'd love to find if this can work!!! I use IFTTT for other things, but using it for putting driving for dollars into a spreadsheat would be awesome!

So I'm sure there is another way to do this that is probably better but I use IFTTT with gmail to automatically populate a Google Sheets document - there is an applet that is called "When I email IFTTT add a row to Google Sheets" - I'm not techy and I got it set up.  I can use voice commands to populate the email message.  It will also add an attachment the the row if you want to take pictures - just add the attachment to your email.  

Hey ya'll - @Brian Watkins

So, I have it set so IF i text a certain phone number from my cell phone, it will add a row in a Google Sheet. Like this: 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here