Networking with other investors and realtors

5 Replies

How should I begin to reach out to other investors and realtors in my area? There is one investor group they only meet once a month and I am at work. 

@David McKinsey BiggerPockets is a great place to connect with investors in your area.  I have reached out to several investors in my area and have taken them to lunch to ask them questions about how they invest in real estate in my area.

Originally posted by @Shiloh Lundahl :

@David McKinsey BiggerPockets is a great place to connect with investors in your area.  I have reached out to several investors in my area and have taken them to lunch to ask them questions about how they invest in real estate in my area.

How do you begin to reach out? How do you find people in your area on here?

@David McKinsey there are 2 ways that I know of to search for members who live near you.

1. On the menu bar click the “Network” drop down, then click members. Then click the search members button. That should pull up a menu of options for you to customize your search.

2. Click in the search bar and type the name of city you where you want to search for members. It should pull up results that are categorized into people, forums, companies, and marketplace. 

Then, once you find people in your area, you can send them a colleague request and you can introduce yourself.

Thank you very much. This should be very helpful. Talking to people in person instead of just messaging all the time.

David, 

You could start your own meet up! Once you have a few friends on BP, invite them all to a restaurant or bar and keep it casual. From there, it could grow into a big thing and you are guaranteed to meet some awesome people.

Cheers!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here