Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Rodriguez
  • Realtor
  • Hialeah, FL
Votes |
Starting real-estate investor (23 years old)

Matthew Rodriguez
  • Realtor
  • Hialeah, FL
Posted Oct 25 2017, 09:21

Hello everyone, 

I am a new member to BiggerPockets (not sure how that happened, should have been here years ago!). I am 23 years old based out of Miami, FL.  and have been a realtor since I was 19. I did not begin to actively use my license until this year and I recently took up a full-time job as an assistant property manager while finishing my degrees at Florida international University in Economics & Finance to learn the real estate business. 

Enough about me, the end-goal is financial freedom through my passion for real estate which I cannot stop drooling over and thinking about. Over this past summer I took a class on wholesaling which really gave me great info and ideas on how to put together my first real estate investing deal. The only issue is I have been on and off searching for a deal for months and can't seem to take that next step into actually putting a deal together and beginning to make money! I feel that I have the logistics worked out, but keep getting stuck or just not finding the right property.

Does anyone with experience or even just starting out like me have any tips and how to get that first deal in while working a full-time job? Maybe a more experienced investor would like to take me under their wing and perhaps I can bring you some value to find you deals while helping me to get over the ridge i'm stuck on?

Thanks for reading! Happy to be on BP with you all! 

TL;DR starting young realtor wanna-be investor working in property management having trouble putting a first deal together.

Loading replies...