Setting Realistic (and stretch) goals

4 Replies

I am brand new to this, really to even this concept. Trying to figure out how to start with very little cash. Wholesaling seems to be a good fit for my circumstances and I understand you can learn a lot doing that. I went driving yesterday just to see if I could find anything, I think I have the beginning of a list and am planning this mail them something (not sure what yet).

My question is what are realistic goals? Goals I have set, but would like feedback (note I have a full time job as well). 1) Do a deal by year end. 2) Do 1 deal per month in 2018 averaging $5000 each 3) Double that in 2019.

Please let me know if this is too aggressive for a newbie or is it not aggressive enough?

Thanks in advance for your help! I’m

This post has been removed.

Account Closed, I think your goals are okay, just be sure not to push the one about doing a deal every month next year if you don't come across anything good.  Depending on how much time you're able to invest in the process and how naturally talented you are, not to mention, how much you learn from here and transfer it into your real life, that goal might be easily achievable...or it might not.  I just don't want to see you offering on something because it's the 29th and you haven't done a deal yet.  Be wise in your choices.

I'd also recommend you consider going Pro.  You'll appreciate being able to use the tools to analyze your deals!  The cost is going up in the next week or so, so you should probably make your decision pretty quickly.  Also, if when you go Pro, you are grandfathered in and that will be the price you pay from now on.  What a deal!  (I'm not 100% sure that's the deal for the short term members, but I joined for a year and that's my deal.  Ask Support.  :-) )  And watch yesterday's webinar.  It might have a discount code in it.  (I haven't watched it yet as I can watch it anytime.)  The last 2 have.  ;-)  But I think it's only available for like 24 hrs after it originally airs, so watch it as soon as you read this.  :-D

Good luck!

@Robbie Reynolds I heard a wise person say once “if your goals don’t scare you, you need bigger goals” so shoot for the stars and hold yourself accountable.

Best of luck to you!

@Jack Bobeck , I've been feeling a little overwhelmed about my goals. I just started really marketing a couple days ago, and have been kind of nervous about starting, especially since I have less money to spend on marketing. I have similar goals to Robbie except I want to do 2 deals by the end of the year, but your comment is fantastic.

I really appreciate you commenting and motivating people.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.