Votes
Scott Petty
  • St George Utah
Votes |
Where to go next and lessons learned

Scott Petty
  • St George Utah
Posted Feb 16 2019, 11:09

Hey BP, I’m new to RE and am taking in as much information as I can through BP forums, podcasts, books etc. This community really is awesome, but this is the first time I’ve actually posted, reaching out and truly utilizing the resource.

I live in southern Utah but am primarily working on investing out of state. After reading as much as I could and feeling comfortable up to a point, I realized the only way I would really learn more and know what it takes to invest would be to take action and purchase a property. So, A couple months ago I pulled the trigger and purchased my first SFR rental property in Kansas City Missouri. A local friend of mine has a great team out there and really helped me out and walked me through the process. I am towards the end of my rehab and have learned A LOT, some good some bad. The purchase was primarily to be a learning experience and not a homerun, but it will cash flow enough to pay for the education and make a little money too!

I’m reaching out because I want to purchase a couple small multifamily units (2, 3 or 4 plex) within the year. I want to branch out of Missouri to improve my odds of finding a property that meets my criteria and increase my inventory pool. From the research I’ve done, below are some locations I think will be beneficial to start moving forward with and begin making connections and forming a team. To keep it simpler, I think I’ll pick 2 or 3 of these locations.

I’d really like to hear some lessons learned, suggestions or advise from investors that have properties in these areas. Any other advice in narrowing down a location would be great too. 

Fulton County Georgia

Hamilton County Indiana

Washington & Benton County Arkansas

Fort Bend, Comal, Williamson or Tarrant County Texas

Williamson & Rutherford Tennessee

Baldwin county Alabama

Loading replies...