Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Laura Cardenas
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rochester, NH
Votes |
New to BP and representing New Hampshire!

Laura Cardenas
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rochester, NH
Posted Mar 14 2019, 18:55

Hi everyone!

I'm Laura Cardenas, I live in New Hampshire, I'm new to BP and loving it. It would be cool if 3 years from now Brandon Turner asked me to be a guest on the show. That's when I'll know I've come full circle :). Every time I get in my car, my Bluetooth connects and I'm automatically hearing the BP podcast through my speakers, doesn't get easier than that to do my "homework".

I've been dedicating a lot of time lately listening to the podcasts, it's amazing how much free and useful information I've found here. ((Thanks Joshua Dorkin for creating this awesome platform))

I have always had an interest in real estate, I guess I could thank HGTV for that. I used to and still do love watching the flip shows.

I currently am interested in buying small multifamiles that have great cash flow, that are relatively close to my home.

I currently own half of a duplex and I'm looking to purchase a duplex/3-4plex and house hack there for a year then repeat this strategy again. I have added quite a bit of value to my home I'm in now. It's not in a good neighborhood so I can't decide if I want the headache of trying to find/keep respectful tenants here or just sell it take my profit and move on to the next one. Any advice?

I'd also love to get into fix and flips in the near future. I'd ideally like to find a mentor show me the ropes in that arena (as well as landlording too!) I'm willing to dedicate my time to someone who may be willing to help me. If you know anyone in the sea coast area of NH that is in the business, I'd love to have their contact and at least have coffee together!

Thanks in advance for any insight you have for me! Have a great day fellow BP members.

-Laura

Loading replies...