Votes
Jeremiah Cotner
  • Little Rock, AR
Votes |
Investing In Little Rock

Jeremiah Cotner
  • Little Rock, AR
Posted Apr 11 2019, 19:08

I posted a few weeks ago that my wife and I would be moving to the Little Rock/Pine Bluff area due to a job relocation. We have finally moved and are starting to settle in. We are interested and eager to start investing in the Little Rock area. We currently invest in the Cincinnati area and are looking for new properties there as well. We own 2 duplexes and 1 SFR.

We are currently looking for properties in the Maumelle and North Little Rock areas. Our focus will be on SFR's or small multi's that cash flow. Ideal price would be in the $75-100k range or possibly lower depending on on how much work is needed to prepare it to be a rental.

Where are others investing in the Little Rock area?  What areas should we stay away from? South of 630 seems to be where everyone says to avoid.  We are looking for neighborhoods where rent is around $800+.  I think that is where the tenants begin to change and you have a better chance of getting a quality tenant for a longer period.  How are vacancy rates? We are also trying to find good property manager to answer some detailed questions about the area.  

We are looking to network with like minded people and plan to attend real estate meetups in Little Rock and Hot Springs.  We look forward to meeting other BP'ers at these events.  

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Loading replies...