Real Estate Agent · Biddeford, ME · Member since 2017 · 213 posts · 150 votes
7y
@DaJuan Harris There are many of us buy and hold people around the area. Always happy to connect with fellow investors. We also have a great monthly Southern Maine Meetup you could attend, or one in the midcoast that @Brian Mitchell puts on.
Real Estate Agent · Biddeford, ME · Member since 2017 · 213 posts · 150 votes
7y
@DaJuan Harris There are many of us buy and hold people around the area. Always happy to connect with fellow investors. We also have a great monthly Southern Maine Meetup you could attend, or one in the midcoast that @Brian Mitchell puts on.
Freeport, ME · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 3 votes
7y
Hey DaJuan,
I'm not doing it yet (I'm a newbie), but I'm also looking to get into buy and hold real estate in Maine. I live in Seattle now, but am moving back to Maine (where I grew up) this fall. I have a friend who's been buying apartment buildings in the Lewiston, Auburn area so I could try to connect you two if you are interested. I've been talking with and learning from him and plan to jump in more full steam when I'm back in the area - just getting used to analyzing deals and coming up with a plan now.
Real Estate Broker · Portland, ME · Member since 2016 · 87 posts · 54 votes
7y
@DaJuan Harris Connecting with buy and hold investors is a great idea. Let me know if you would like to talk sometime. I have a couple of multi-units and I live in one of them. Feel free to send me a private message or give me a call.
New to Real Estate · Biddeford, ME · Member since 2015 · 73 posts · 24 votes
7y
@DaJuan Harris welcome, you should attend our southern Maine meet ups that @Harrison Smith mentioned great people, great food, great beer. Any time you want to sit and have coffee let me know I am looking to do more networking every week.
Specialist · Milford, ME · Member since 2016 · 630 posts · 378 votes
7y
I live in the BANGOR area and have done many buy and holds as far south as Lewiston Auburn. Feel free to reach out I can try to help you with anything or questions you might have.
Barrington, NH · Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
7y
Hey DaJuan! Happy to chat with you by phone or Zoom about what we've learned here in NH. We have one property going now and it's been a great ride so far.
Contractor · Waterville, ME · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 4 votes
7y
@Harrison Smith thanx for your time! I would love to attend a meetup and be a fly on the wall taking in all the experience, invite, and advice. Do you have the details of the meetup?
Contractor · Waterville, ME · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 4 votes
7y
@Jake Dafni Great! Same boat, I just dont have any friends doing RE. Lol! It would be an awesome opportunity to meet up with your friend. Networking is key! And when you return home we also need to meet up over a cup of coffee or beer! Thanx for your time!
Contractor · Waterville, ME · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 4 votes
7y
@Jon Mccarthy Great! Appreciate your help and looking forward to your advice! I've done a lot of research and have taken notes on top of notes, but there is nothing like getting your hands dirty and doing it! Thanx for reaching out!
Contractor · Waterville, ME · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 4 votes
7y
@Ed Emmons Honestly, I just want to shadow and learn the game! Ive listened to numerous audio books, podcast, and also read a handful of REI books. Nothing is like doing it!
Rental Property Investor · Madison, AL · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 3 votes
7y
@Ed Emmons I hope I'm not messing with proper protocol on this forum, but wanted to ask all of the Maine investors what they're thoughts are on mini split heating/cooling.
We just bought a house in Winterport that we might be able to turn into a buy and hold; however, I've seen mixed reviews on using mini splits. Most of the reviews are great, but I can't convince my wife of their effectiveness in Maine. We're trying to figure out what system ) to switch over to from the existing oil furnace.
Rental Property Investor · Auburn, ME · Member since 2015 · 236 posts · 140 votes
7y
@DaJuan Harris - I buy and hold in the Lewiston/Auburn area. Currently doing the finishing touches on our 6th building, a 3 unit in Auburn.
You can come and check out the area sometime if you want and we can talk shop.
I am also going to try and make it to the Southern Midcoast meetup and I also like to try and hit the Southern Maine Investors Meetup that @Ivan S. usually sets up.
Looking to be a shadow with an investor/s, learn the ropes. I'm an experienced painter looking to learn the real estate game, mainly buy and hold.
I'm starting a flip in Biddeford at the end of the month, it's a little far away but feel free to pop in if you'd like!
just reading thru this post.. needed to chime in... Im in biddeford also.. looking to expand network and properties, currently have three buildings... just curious about flipping and so. may i invite myself?
Looking to be a shadow with an investor/s, learn the ropes. I'm an experienced painter looking to learn the real estate game, mainly buy and hold.
I'm starting a flip in Biddeford at the end of the month, it's a little far away but feel free to pop in if you'd like!
just reading thru this post.. needed to chime in... Im in biddeford also.. looking to expand network and properties, currently have three buildings... just curious about flipping and so. may i invite myself?
Sounds good! The entrance fee is a full price offer! ;)
Freeport, ME · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 3 votes
7y
@DaJuan Harris Sounds great! I'll reach out to my friend and see if I can get you guys talking. He's getting close to having 10 properties so he's got a good foot in. I look forward to having a beer sometime as well!