Cash out refinancing

3 Replies

Hi my name is Alex and I’m curious how many times you can cash out refinance on the homes you buy? For example if I bought 20 homes in a year and wanted to cash out refinance all of them after renovations is that doable? Or is there a limit with banks? 

There are limits to how many conventional loans you can get (10) in addition to DTI regulations that make it difficult unless you have a really solid W2 (ore really good deals). That said - there are products for people to go above the 10 if you have DTI figured out.

@Alex Bernth of course! We have "in-house" loans with a few banks that they don't sell to Fannie and Freddie (which require the 10 loan max). This allows us to have more than 10 loans and finance as many properties as we can find. 

Hope that helps!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here