Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

New to investing with 1 rental (help!)

Posted Jul 13 2019, 14:23

Hello all!

I’m brand new into investing and i am trying to get started but don’t know what direction i should take from here. First off i am in the military and come August I’ll be going overseas for a year. At this point i purchased a home back in 2017 little bit about the house it’s a 3/2 1200sf single family home in San Antonio Texas purchased at 155k with a mortgage of 1125 a month and thats not factoring what the new rental insurance will be. I’m guessing a lot lower then with a traditional insurance policy. Now my property manager says i can rent it out for 1395 a month and i pay them %10 percent for rental property dues. At this point, now that I’m leaving for a year and moving I’m trying to figure out if i can brrrr this property and try to get another property before i leave? In 2020 i won’t be in Texas anymore but i would like to buy more properties here because it seems like it’s a buyers market. In 2020 I’ll be moving to Denver with my family. At this point I’m stuck on what i should do or what direction i should take, i just want to make sure i don’t make any mistakes before i take a chance with the brrr strategy. If someone can point in the right direction that we be great thanks guys!

Loading replies...