Looking for a property manager in Columbus OH. Has anyone used Real Property Management Midwest? I will be an out of state, buy and hold investor owning single/multi families.
Hey @Beth Simmons. I responded to your other post about finding a Realtor. I do property management for my clients the purchase the asset with me. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help you with anything.
It is very important that you make sure you take the time to interview and have candid conversations with a PM company. Let them know your strategy, your goals and what your business plan is to ensure that your business plan aligns with theirs and you can both work towards the same goal. If they are not aligned then simply keep looking till you find one that is.I would look up NARPM and start with them..Below are some questions I would think would be a good starting point for you to see who really treats their company like a business or a hobby.
My business partner is a regional VP for NARPM and I am happy to help if you need anything please reach outQuestions to Ask prospective management companies
- What are your average days on market for vacant homes?
- What is your average rent amount for all properties managed?
- What is your average work order cost for the owner?
- What is your average make ready cost for the owner?
- Are all my invoices uploaded to my owner portal?
- How do you advertise your vacant units?
- Do I receive video of my pre and post make ready?
- Do you have a setup fee?
- Do you upcharge on maintenance?
- When do you make owner payments? How often?
- Are you a Certified Property Manager?
- Are you a member of NARPM?
- What is your Guarantee?
- Do you provide move in and move out reports
- How many pictures do you take of the property prior to tenant moves in and after the tenant moves out
- Do you get weekly reports when the property is vacant what prospective tenants are saying about your home
- Do you provide monthly newsletters to your tenants
- Do you hold investor education classes to help me become a better investor
- Do you have single point portfolio based management services?
- How many properties do the owners actually own themselves?
- What do you do to ensure that the tenant is responsible for security deposit disputes since that is the largest reason for owner lawsuits
- How familiar are you with the newly changed laws that can affect you the owner if they are not used correctly?
@Beth Simmons Google it! The results won’t lie!