Votes
Aaron Pribyl
  • Monroe, MI
Votes |
Newbie, Southeast Michigan Meets

Aaron Pribyl
  • Monroe, MI
Posted Oct 16 2019, 20:09

My name is Aaron, and I’m excited to say this is my first BP post. Last year I closed on my first house (primary residence). However, my dad is an awesome old school kind of handy man. I guess where I’m going with this is, he always talked about not buying anything that didn’t need work. The thinking behind this was to gain value in whatever you are buying by doing the work yourself. I’ve inadvertently done this my whole life now too. So when I bought my house a year ago I looked for one that was a “fixer upper”. I have been taking it slow, and remodeling one room at a time. I’m finally down to the last room, the kitchen. My dad and I have done all the work. This saved me a lot of money in labor obviously. Well, in this time frame I joined BP and became obsessed with real estate as an investment vehicle. Which made me realize I think I already have my first deal, this “live in flip” I’m in right now. I’ve never been to any real estate meet ups, but I would love to go to one. Just curious if anybody has any suggestions for the southeast Michigan area? I’m from Monroe. (Kind of between Detroit and Toledo) Thank you guys! Love the BP community.

Loading replies...