What books have you found most helpful?

What books have you found most helpful?

New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes

Has anyone read any books that they thought to be particularly helpful? I’m pretty familiar with a lot of the bigger hitters, but would love to discover some books with less notoriety.

Thanks!

3Reply
189 views

Most Popular Reply

Jared MannPro Member
St. Louis. MO · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 36 votes
6y

@John Neff

You said you had read the heavy hitters, so I'll take that as rich dad and Millionaire Real Estate Investor. The most helpful book I've read so far has been Never Split the difference by Chris Voss, not real estate specific, but I applied it to REI as well as my job, and it was huge on my last offer.

See this reply in the discussion

119 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Julian Gonda Both are actually on my list! I also have heard plenty of good things about The E-myth. Looking forward to checking these out.

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Kevin Smith Thank you for all of the recommendations!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Keegan Burkholder Love it, man. I’ll be checking this one out.

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Good One of the things I love about BP! So many people doing awesome things. Thanks man!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Tim Ryan I really appreciate the informative response! Sounds like this book has serious potential. Thank you for your recommendation!

  • Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2018 · 401 posts · 244 votes
    6y

    @John Neff never split the difference is a game changer.

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Pancham G. I just finished rereading Never Split the Difference a few days ago. Such a worth while read. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Chris Levarek Thank you for the suggestions! I definitely am interested in building relationship, and communication skills. Looking forward to using these tools.

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Ryan Proffit No doubt. Just finished this one a few days ago.

  • Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2015 · 61 posts · 35 votes
    6y

    @John Neff

    W myth for real estate investors is a great one

  • Rental Property Investor · Abilene, TX · Member since 2016 · 61 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @John Neff

    Extreme Ownership

    QBQ

    These are about personal responsibility.

  • Realtor · Gatlinburg, TN · Member since 2018 · 261 posts · 155 votes
    6y

    @John Neff a spreadsheet to run numbers is all you need.

    99% of RE books are rah-rah rants to motivate potential buyers into action or authors/ghostwriters rewriting what other successful authors have written many years ago.

  • Accountant · White Plains, NY · Member since 2019 · 50 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    @Kenneth Garrett that’s a great book. I listened to it last month. Now I am listening to “Increase your financial IQ”.

  • Rental Property Investor · Beverly, MA · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @John Neff Art of the deal👌🏽

  • Homeowner · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @John Neff. I love the creators code and pitch anything by Oren klaff I believe. They are great entrepreneurial reads!

  • New Bern, NC · Member since 2017 · 246 posts · 173 votes
    6y

    @John Neff

    When I started with long term rentals I used Landlording on Autopilot as a step by step guide for screening and signing leases with my first tenants.

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Brock Thomas Added to the list!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Jace Thornton Jocko is the man! Extreme Ownership is something I reread in times of weakness.

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Matt Castle I agree. Some books are so cheesy that it’s nearly impossible to read past the first chapter. I’ll definitely continue to analyze deals & hone in my due diligence process. Thanks man!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Greg Gervais Classic!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Kateesha Tearry Thank you for your recommendations!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2020 · 51 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Patricia Taveras I’ll be sure to check this out. Hopefully I can use it as a reference as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

  • Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 320 votes
    6y

    "The Richest Man in Babylon" by George S. Clason

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 98 posts · 48 votes
    6y

    Buy and Hold 7 steps to a real estate fortune by David Schumacher

  • Rental Property Investor · Syracuse, NY · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @John Neff

    Hey John - one outside the box is “Can’t Hurt Me” by David Goggins. I believe before I got into RE for good, I needed a mindset reset. I’ve always had big aspirations, but just wasn’t true to myself, knowing it’s a lot of hard work to get there. You being on this forum makes it obvious you’re looking to be better than your yesterday - Kudos for that.

    But if you’re not willing to make CONSISTENT, TOUGH choices EVERYDAY (I.e Health, sleep, nutrition, exercise, etc) then all the RE books in the world don’t matter. Maybe you’re way ahead in that than me, but I believe we need to work on ourselves first before anything else.

    Best of luck!

    MC

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.