The 7 Steps You Need to Get Started Investing In Real Estate

138 Replies

@Brandon Turner I'm constantly working on step one and step six. But, I'm presently on step four- looking for property. Once, I've located something (I just might have a deal today), I'll pay for the deal with OPM..when I sell the deal to one of the flippers on my buyers list.

Awesome video!!!

Thanks for the great information Brandon! Amazing content that is quite valuable for us newbies, definitely worth a share. 

Oh my gosh, this is EXACTLY what I needed! Thanks!

Great video  

Awesome video @Brandon Turner , I'm brand new to the site and am loving it so far and the podcast is awesome! I've been listening every chance I get!

I am loving this site. Loving the PodCasts, YouTube videos and the education we can obtain at all times. 

Thank you for all you guys do!

I or should I say we are so ready to get into real estate. I have been studying off and on for years but was always on the no money end of the stick. It seamed that every time I thought I was ready something else stopped me. But Im not giving up and am learning more than I knew before. So I'm attributing me not getting into it before as I still had a lot to learn. So here is my chance again, I think I'm ready now and I have a willing partner/fiancé to walk this walk with me. 

Thanks for sharing!  It's a great video.  Very helpful not only for me but for everyone.

Getting a Real Estate License and Education through one of the many companies i.e. MoseleyKaplan, and CE Shop are great and extremely important from my point of view, but I can't agree more about this site providing some excellent "hands on" insight. 

Great video, I'm on step 4, very scary!  too many options, analysis paralysis kicking in. Help!

Thank you for the video Brandon!

Bigger Pockets is a ridiculously great resource.  By introducing myself and what i was interested in, I teamed up with a local wholesaler, and by working for her for free I have learned a crazy amount of information in just this first month with her. I get to see the contracts she's using, help build lists, write ads so i can see firsthand what works,and see how the process works.  Also gave me the motivation to change how I run my other business so I'm actually taking money out of it to sock away for my first downpayment.  Working for someone in your spare time is definitely the best way to get a quick and thorough education! I'm lucky to be in a really hot market too so I get to see all kinds of deals that go down with no banks involved. Very Cool. Can't Thank Brandon and Josh enough!!!!

@Brandon Turner thank you for the video and the podcast! I was planning on becoming a traditional agent (still in the process of getting my license) when I met an investor that changed my perspective! I started working for him part time this week and was just recently turned onto the podcast let's just say it's all I listen to during my 8 hour work day and then I get to apply what I learn at my part time job!

Great info B!! That was very informative. Can't wait to start.

great video, thanks for the info

I'm currently doing some marketing. Sending out postcards to pre-foreclosures. I've watched several podcasts and I've a mentor in my home town.  

Hello Brandon, 

Its been a while since i heard from you, Although I have not seen the video because I don't know how long it is but am sure it will be great for everyone simply because its from you. I am rushing somewhere now to take care of my sick aged dad,  he has an appointment at the hospital today. 

I also have some fresh ideas to share with beginners later on how to be a better investor, being organized and having a script to follow, a business plan which includes the projected financial plan forecast and action steps to take to accomplish their investment goals and objectives, all these and many more. 

Also am about completing my book on real estate but still don't want to let the cat out of the bag for now because massive work needs to be done to get it to the right people. I am still talking to experts on how to go about the publishing and marketing of the book. I will keep you posted. 

Thanks 

Olatunbosun Idowu.

Awesome video! very useful information

Thanks for the video Brandon I definitely will be waiting for more! Loved how it was straight forward and not beating around the bush.

hi, how can i see the video?

thanks in advance, 

Do you have video's for each step.  One step I would like a video on is creating a road map. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here