• Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Bird Dogging in Michigan

Nicasio T.
  • Investor
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Apr 2 2013, 20:07

I'm very new to investing, so i thought about starting out as a bird dog as it seems like the easiest thing to do to get started in this kind of work. After reading the Michigan State Laws, bird dogging seems illegal. Although some of the posts i have read on this site, there seems to be ways around these laws.

"Article 25 of Public Act 299 of 1980, as amended was created, to license and regulate the practice of real estate brokers and salespersons in Michigan. Article 25 defines a real estate broker as an individual or an entity, who with intent to collect or receive a fee, compensation, or valuable consideration, sells or offers for sale, buys or offers to buy, provides or offers to provide market analyses, lists or offers or attempts to list, or negotiates the purchase or sale or exchange or mortgage of real estate, or negotiates for the construction of a building on real estate; who leases or offers or rents or offers for rent real estate or the improvements on the real estate for others, as a whole or partial vocation; who engages in property management as a whole or partial vocation; who sells or offers for sale, buys or offers to buy, leases or offers to lease, or negotiates the purchase or sale or exchange of a business, business opportunity, or the goodwill of an existing business for others; or who, as owner or otherwise, engages in the sale of real estate as a principal vocation."

So what kind of letter should i write to the homeowners, that do not break none of these laws?? I'm stuck! In need of much help!

Loading replies...