Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y
So the tactic to get people to come to your marketplace is to throw insults and namecall a different marketplace Steven? When I lived in Columbus (Yes I was born there and go back to vist family about every other year) that's not how we rolled my man.
Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
5y
You will hear a lot of cheerleading on BP for Columbus, and I am always one to pile one. Cashflow, appreciation and great culture. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the country so the demand is always there.
Realtor · Oakland, CA and a Real Estate Investor with Multi-Family Units and a Self Storage Facility · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y
So the tactic to get people to come to your marketplace is to throw insults and namecall a different marketplace Steven? When I lived in Columbus (Yes I was born there and go back to vist family about every other year) that's not how we rolled my man.
So the tactic to get people to come to your marketplace is to throw insults and namecall a different marketplace Steven? When I lived in Columbus (Yes I was born there and go back to vist family about every other year) that's not how we rolled my man.
I grew up watching the browns. The browns I believe are iconic for Cleveland. You keep hoping its something its not.
All joking aside I know people do well investing in Cleveland, just not my cup of tea.
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
I think both markets have their pros and cons. Cleveland is great for cash flow, Columbus does have higher population growth. You can still cashflow in Columbus but it's much easier in Cleveland. I hope this is helpful! @Jonathan Styer has great input.
Out of state investor, looking to join either or both. Your thoughts?!
If you are looking for major cash flow and no appreciation you should purchase in Cleveland.
If you are looking for okay cash flow and major appreciation, you should purchase in Columbus.
It does not matter where you start as long as you develop your Core 4. The core 4 is David Greene’s strategy for long-distance and made up of a realtor, contractor, property manager, and lender. Once you have this team in place, you should be able to confidently invest in any market.
Cleveland, OH · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 29 votes
5y
@Zeke Liston said it best. Every market has its pros and cons. It's entirely dependant on your goals and I wouldn't have your best interest in mind if I tried to tell you where to invest without knowing them. You can generate lots of cash flow in Cleveland so it would be a great place to invest if you're looking to quit your job and live off rental income but you may create more long-term wealth by investing in Columbus since its growing quickly and appreciation is higher. Ultimately its very specific to you and your goals
Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 116 votes
5y
Columbus is going to be much more competitive with lower cap rates and less yield. Cleveland is less competitive, with higher cap rates and more yield, however population growth is declining significantly.
For me, Cincinnati is a great pivot from both of these markets. Good yield and a population that has stabilized.
Columbus is going to be much more competitive with lower cap rates and less yield. Cleveland is less competitive, with higher cap rates and more yield, however population growth is declining significantly.
For me, Cincinnati is a great pivot from both of these markets. Good yield and a population that has stabilized.
My fiancee's family lives in Cincinnati. It is solid, but the job market is too heavily concentrated in manufacturing for my liking. Columbus, Ohio is where it is at!
Hi folks, Is Columbus seeing any ripple-effects from the job cuts at the Universities (OSU) on the rental market?
Not sure about the staff side of things, but one of my friends campus rentals was rented out to part of the sports team, once the team found out the season was cancelled, they called code enforcement and got out of their lease.
Out of state investor, looking to join either or both. Your thoughts?!
Columbus is good and all, but the price point there is a little too high for many investors. There is also a lot of competition. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for.
Cleveland still has lower prices and it is less crowded with investors. Plenty of good options!
Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 952 posts · 1k+ votes
5y
@Ryan Cleary, 100% Columbus. Columbus is larger than its ever been, and the population growth is accelerating. Cleveland’s population peaked around 1950, and it hasn’t seen a year of population growth since.