Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Nina Granberry
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
I'm a Newbie Investor that's gone from 0 - 5 Doors in 5 months!

Nina Granberry
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Nov 28 2020, 23:19

Hey BP Family,

It's been a while since I lasted posted anything in the forums. That is due to the speed with which my investing career has taken off. It feels like God is giving me success at warp speed. It hasn't been by chance, though. My desire and passion for real estate has always been there; I just did not feel like I had the time nor did I know where to start up until this year. As a high school math teacher of 13 years, I spent most of my time in school, investing in the students and my school community. When schools abruptly shut down in March and I was forced to work remotely, I took the opportunity to commit myself fully to taking action in my real estate journey. And, really, I think that decision was all that I needed start making progress. 

Some other things come to mind, too, as catalysts:

Mindset - I did not know that I could be an investor until I started consuming knowledge and acting on that knowledge. My journey literally started by me reaching out to a guest that I had listened to on the BP podcast. My first buy and hold property eventually came from that exchange. I did not know the power of writing affirmations until I began writing them and seeing monumental change in my thoughts and self-confidence. So many of the affirmations that I wrote and recited have come to pass already. It's caused me to be sure that anything I write down and focus on, I can achieve.

Consistent daily action - before school started back up and before I became really busy, i used the bp pro habits tracker to build a daily routine of real estate consumption. It consisted of listening to a podcast episode, reading/responding to a forum post, analyze a deal and read an article. I did this every day. And attended the weekly webinars hosted by Brandon. Now, the habits look a bit different but each day, I commit myself to moving closer to my goal through RE (time and financial freedom). 

Connecting with a team - I met the person that I now work with as a business through a BP mastermind. The four of us started working together in July and have seen good success in our wholesaling business. The power of working with a team has sped up the process and I am grateful.

Investing in myself - I have invested in 3 different opportunities since beginning my real estate journey in late March. And each one of them have been great investments that have helped me get to where I am today. My mentors - Mit Smith, Mitch Messer, and Doug Depte - have taught me things that I cannot unlearn. They have helped me build a solid foundation. Without the sound teaching and commitment of Mit, I would not have been able to wholesale 10 houses in less than 90 days. All of the money that I put into my first investment (rookie mistake), I recovered through taking a risk on myself and believing in what I could do.

I know there is still much to learn and I am excited to continue learning and growing and taking action. I am looking forward to the next set of months to see where my journey leads me.

Loading replies...