Cold Calling sellers

Cold Calling sellers

Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 1 vote

My name's Aidan I'm 22 years old and just got started in the real estate business just over a month ago. The company I work for makes buy and hold investments. The company is up and coming in the Tucson area but it's not where we want it to be yet. We set a goal to purchase 100 properties this year, and so far we're already off to a slow start. I understand building relationships is a big part of this game so me being new may seem acceptable reason as to why I'm not producing. But to me it's not. I want to have more productive calls, I want to get the deals done. I've found that cold-calling has not been very successful to me quite yet. What else should I be doing? If anyone has any tips or would like to maybe help me through some script practice I would greatly appreciate that. Or if you have any other ideas besides cold-calling what are they? How successful are they? At this point I'm willing to try anything.  

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2020 · 85 posts · 51 votes
5y

@Aidan Sorenson

Gotcha! I've got a full time job, but I do REI for personal long term wealth and retirement.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Aidan Sorenson

    Focus on one thing, and become an expert at it and results will follow. It’s easy to get caught up in the infinite ways to find deals. Cold calling has worked for me, cold texting works well too if you have the right systems. Focus on one though then scale it with VAs.

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Marc Rice:

    @Aidan Sorenson

    Focus on one thing, and become an expert at it and results will follow. It’s easy to get caught up in the infinite ways to find deals. Cold calling has worked for me, cold texting works well too if you have the right systems. Focus on one though then scale it with VAs.

     If you don't mind me asking, how do you phrase your pitch to the potential seller.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2020 · 85 posts · 51 votes
    5y

    @Marc Rice

    Aidan,

    What company do you work for in Tucson? I’m in the Tucson market as well as a buy and hold investor.

    

    And Marc, what would you recommend software-wise to use for cold texting? I haven’t found a good system yet but I’d love to hear what’s working for you. 

    

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kyle Swengel:

    @Marc Rice

    Aidan,

    What company do you work for in Tucson? I’m in the Tucson market as well as a buy and hold investor.

    And Marc, what would you recommend software-wise to use for cold texting? I haven’t found a good system yet but I’d love to hear what’s working for you.

    I work for Apex Realty, what about you?

  • Rental Property Investor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2020 · 85 posts · 51 votes
    5y

    @Aidan Sorenson

    Gotcha! I've got a full time job, but I do REI for personal long term wealth and retirement.

  • Patrick AllenBusiness Member
    Realtor · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 241 posts · 139 votes
    5y

    @Aidan Sorenson "Hello Mr. Smith, my name is Patrick and I'm a Realtor here in town with Keller Williams. I'm trying to reach landlords... by chance do you own any rental properties here in Tucson?"

    "Fantastic! I'm calling because I work with a number of investors looking for off-market deals here in town, and I was just curious... if there were any rental properties in your portfolio that you would consider entertaining offers on at this time?"

    Then shut up and see what they say.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    If you do cold-calling do NOT use a script:

    1) Comes across as a typical cold caller

    2) If you go "off-script" you're lost

    3) Stifles any personal connection.

    4) You get consumed with getting thru the script NOT listening/reacting.

    Ask your boss, what the goals of the call are?  Straight up buy or warming them for a follow-up and then let people talk and listen and react.  Make sure you have a good (as in something you can use) CRM and follow-up system.

    Learn how to do cold calls and it'll be one of the MOST valuable skills you learn.

  • Investor · Waco TX / Conroe, TX · Member since 2017 · 376 posts · 228 votes
    5y

    Ditch the Script! All ya gotta do is have quality conversations. 

    I cold call people all day and the # 1 thing I focus on is having quality conversations. 

    I don't hard sell them, i'm not pushy and I respect their time.

    Best of luck to ya!

    -BA

  • Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Blaine Alger:

    Ditch the Script! All ya gotta do is have quality conversations. 

    I cold call people all day and the # 1 thing I focus on is having quality conversations. 

    I don't hard sell them, i'm not pushy and I respect their time.

    Best of luck to ya!

    -BA

     I like this advice a whole lot. what are some important questions and topics that I should bring up to help me keep the conversation going? I get stuck a lot on people who say "not right now".

  • Investor · Waco TX / Conroe, TX · Member since 2017 · 376 posts · 228 votes
    5y

    It's all about being a conversational person and you just have to practice to get the skills. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.