What is a good first approach to know If a RE agent is good?

What is a good first approach to know If a RE agent is good?

New to Real Estate · Dominican Republic · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hey guys!

I am trying to network as best as I can and I want to know if I am doing it right through my first conversations with different agents. I have been wondering what is a good and effective approach to determine if a real estate agent is good from the get go?

0Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe FunariBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2017 · 850 posts · 825 votes
5y

@Javier Cuello First and foremost if the realtor is a fellow investor. That doesn't mean that all non investor realtors are bad. But if your exit strategy is acquiring rentals a good realtor will know how to run rent comps. But also the realtor will understand market conditions for their area too. For example, 4 bedroom SFR in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area only fetch about an extra $100 per month in rents versus 3 bedroom homes. Little tidbits of info like this are very useful. I recommend you look in the network section of BP and search for realtors in the city your looking to invest. You will find that almost all the realtors are great to work with. Good luck in your search.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe FunariBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2017 · 850 posts · 825 votes
    5y

    @Javier Cuello First and foremost if the realtor is a fellow investor. That doesn't mean that all non investor realtors are bad. But if your exit strategy is acquiring rentals a good realtor will know how to run rent comps. But also the realtor will understand market conditions for their area too. For example, 4 bedroom SFR in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area only fetch about an extra $100 per month in rents versus 3 bedroom homes. Little tidbits of info like this are very useful. I recommend you look in the network section of BP and search for realtors in the city your looking to invest. You will find that almost all the realtors are great to work with. Good luck in your search.

  • Investor · Waco TX / Conroe, TX · Member since 2017 · 376 posts · 228 votes
    5y

    I like to keep it simple.

    If they answer their phone then that is a good start. It amazes me how many professionals are out there and are terrible on their phones. An agent is a customer service job and if you aren't able to respond to a simple text/phone call then this biz is not for you. 

    Just my .02

    -BA

  • New to Real Estate · Dominican Republic · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Joe,

    I do not have words to express my gratitude for your comments, they really mean a lot. I will apply your advice in my search for a Real Estate agent in Florida!

    Best of the best to you my friend.

  • New to Real Estate · Dominican Republic · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Blaine Alger:

    I like to keep it simple.

    If they answer their phone then that is a good start. It amazes me how many professionals are out there and are terrible on their phones. An agent is a customer service job and if you aren't able to respond to a simple text/phone call then this biz is not for you. 

    Just my .02

    -BA

    Thank you Blaine, I will definitely take that into consideration. I have generated 3 leads recently and they have all answered promptly after sending them a message through BP Network, but I still have not had a legitimate phone nor text conversation and that is what I am trying to educate myself for through comments like yours. 

    Thanks again, brother!

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City · Member since 2020 · 818 posts · 639 votes
    5y

    1. Responsiveness - Amazing how many folks can still make livings not answering their phones

    2. Advisors, not salespeople - folks who will actually give you proper insight and advice, not just those trying to make a buck

    3. Competence - Will they be passive or active during due diligence and property search 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.