New Orleans Investors

8 Replies

Hi Everyone! I am a new investor in looking for some references in the New Orleans market. I am trying to build my team after reading Brandon’s Book on real estate investing and thought here might be one of the best places to find good references. Again, I am just starting out so any recommendations help! Thanks!

Originally posted by @Connor Townsend :

Hi Everyone! I am a new investor in looking for some references in the New Orleans market. I am trying to build my team after reading Brandon’s Book on real estate investing and thought here might be one of the best places to find good references. Again, I am just starting out so any recommendations help! Thanks!

It's good to have you here Connor!

Hi, Connor.  I'm located in New Orleans and am in the early stages of RE investing as well.  

I'm also a construction project manager by trade so willing to consult with you on contractors, your plans, etc.  Always looking for like minded individuals to discuss opportunities with.

Originally posted by @Stephen Keighery :

Hey Connor, I run a wholesaling business and invest in New Orleans. I suggest you get more specific on the sort of team members you are looking for so they can connect with you. 

How is the market there for investing? Any cash flow on rentals or no?

@Ali Boone yes there is definetly cash flow. My rentals get between 14-20% gross yields. I do buy off market and get much better deals than are available on the MLS so that's probably not typical. I am pretty sure they will still cash flow if you buy them on market. Just check the flood zone as the flood insurance will make a big difference. Orleans parish has higher taxes than Jefferson so you may be better of in Jefferson. I particularly like the West Bank of Jefferson, the houses are a little cheaper so you can get a better return. I do think it's a good place to invest.

Originally posted by @Stephen Keighery :

@Ali Boone yes there is definetly cash flow. My rentals get between 14-20% gross yields. I do buy off market and get much better deals than are available on the MLS so that's probably not typical. I am pretty sure they will still cash flow if you buy them on market. Just check the flood zone as the flood insurance will make a big difference. Orleans parish has higher taxes than Jefferson so you may be better of in Jefferson. I particularly like the West Bank of Jefferson, the houses are a little cheaper so you can get a better return. I do think it's a good place to invest.

This is awesome, thanks! I'll look into it.