• Investor
  • Northern Virginia
Votes |
Real Estate Agent holding us back?

Carolyn Kincaid
  • Investor
  • Northern Virginia
Posted Dec 5 2021, 18:02

Hi everyone, I'm a first-time poster and recently joined the BP community. My husband and I are starting our REI journey and have assembled a team in the area where we'd like to buy (not out-of-state, but 3 hours from where we live now where prices are more reasonable).

We have a great lender, got approved, and are ready to buy. The realtor we connected with, however, isn't as much of a go-getter. She set up a search for us on the MLS based on what we said we're looking for, and we get notified of new listings, but she isn't giving us any recommendations. Whatever we label a "possibility" on her MLS site is mostly nixed for various reasons (she says rooms are too small, busy street, etc. - all of which may be valid.) While I value the insight, I would like to think she'd be more proactive and offer up options, instead of having us select properties online which she then continuously crosses off the list. It all feels like a waste of time.

We've been through the home search and buying process several times for ourselves, but never for an investment property. So, my question for you all who've been there/done that: What should we expect of a good real estate agent who understands investment properties and investors? 

We have the capital, we have a lender, but none of that means much if there's no home to buy. 

Loading replies...