• Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
How to Market yourself

Marco Fiore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Dec 7 2022, 14:58

What are the best ways to market yourself? Learn how to sell more than a house; get prospects to understand your story as a professional. 

The best way to market yourself is to find out what separates you from other agents. Especially with how the market is right now, learning how to navigate it will transcend your career. If the market is hot, most agents do alright for themselves. If its not, the best agents will continue to thrive. Why is that? This is because they understand their services and worth to a client. 

In your opinion, what's the best way to market yourself?

User Stats

Votes
Garrett Christensen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orem, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orem, UT
Replied Dec 8 2022, 19:49

In my opinion, the best way to market yourself as a real estate agent is to focus on your unique strengths and skills and to make sure that potential clients understand how you can help them achieve their goals. This can include highlighting your expertise in a particular market or niche, showcasing your successes and achievements, and highlighting any special services or tools that you offer that can benefit your clients. For example, I've worked in construction for years and renovated many houses so I let all my clients know of my network of contractors. 

Additionally, it can be helpful to establish a strong online presence, including a professional website and social media accounts, to make it easy for potential clients to learn more about you and your services. Networking and building relationships with other professionals in the industry, such as flippers, can also be a great way to market yourself and to attract new business.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Brattelli
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Medford, NJ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Medford, NJ
Replied Dec 12 2022, 18:56

@Marco Fiore Getting out there and talking with people. Get face to face. I will have a conversation with anyone anywhere. I get a decent amount of business out and about doing every day stuff just talking to people.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
William Yeh
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Walnut Creek, CA
Replied Dec 14 2022, 22:30

@Marco Fiore As many have already suggested, it's all about exposure. How many people know what you do and think you're good at it? Figure out the most natural ways to you on getting the word out, whether that's in person, social media, youtube, tiktok, onlyfans (kidding...maybe?), or some combination thereof. For me I've largely leveraged my personal Facebook account and have found almost all of my clients in my sphere of influence.

I got my agent's license almost 10 years ago, became a broker 5 years ago when I started Yeh Area Realty, and only recently did I get off my lazy *** to put my own website together, largely spurred by a new agent that joined my team and beat me to it :D. Prior to that, the only marketing I did was treating every client I have like they're royalty (responding in minutes not hours), advising them from a wholistic approach, not just as their broker, getting them a ridiculous closing gift, and asking them to leave a review for me on Zillow. I then dropped a simple bitly hyperlink to my Zillow reviews page in my email and over the years it's been clicked on over 2,500 times. Then when I went to create my website recently, I was able to draw on those reviews to add content.

All it takes is hustle and a little bit of foresight. Report back in this thread when you go big time and let us know how you did it ;)

User Stats

Votes
Lexey Vezzoso
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jan 19 2023, 12:02

A good way to make yourself stand out as an agent is to genuinely care about your clients and who they are. Send them something that reminded you of them out of the blue, buy them a coffee on your way to showing houses with them. There are so many ways to create long lasting relationships with people and I feel like a lot of times that gets lost in the hustle and bustle of this industry. Stop worrying so much about your commission and start caring about your clients and their families. The rest will fall into place. :) P.S. If you haven't read the book "Bluefishing" by Steve Sims I highly recommend! 

I also believe education is so necessary. Don't just take your required classes to renew your license every year. You need to be learning every single day. Whether it's about the market, what's new and exciting in your community, mortgage rates, etc. I've learned that my confidence has gotten so much better by just learning. And if you don't know an answer that someone asks you, just be honest and tell them you will find the answer and get back to them. 

Good Luck Everyone!

User Stats

Votes
Oscar Pinto
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ontario CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Ontario CA
Replied Jan 19 2023, 18:01

Video. You ncan pick a platform, like Facebook or YouTube or Instagram, and create community videos, moving into the area videos, other info videos. Add everyone you know to that platform, if you're using Facebook and they will see you daily as The professional. Video is the answer.