HOW LONG CAN A PROPERTY STAYS on MLS before it EXPIRES?

5 Replies

Dear Smart Agents,

How are you all doing? How long can a property stays on the MLS before it expires?

Thank you all.

Sincerely,

Larry 

The listing expires.  The property lives on.  Although it may haunt many agents for years to come.

Its up to the Seller and the Agent..  listings can be anywhere from 1 day to years.. its whatever is negotiated. although I would have to look at the default time line on our RMLS system to see if there is any defaults... Kind of like the Y2K bug.

@Lawrence Monyei   When I sold ranch land in Northern CA.. my minimum listing time was 1 years and in many listing I took 36 months listings... It would take that long to find that perfect buyer for the trophy ranch they wanted..

In SFR typical is 3 to 6 months sometimes 9

Larry,

The property expires when the contract between the seller and the agent expires. Listing contracts have a start date and must have an end date, though that end date could be extended, repeatedly.

Generally, the property will stay on the MLS until the listing expires. In our area, if the owner terminates, the listing still shows as terminated and cannot be put back on the MLS by a new agent until the original expiration date as input has passed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.