Cameron C.
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Part Time Agent Strategies

Cameron C.
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Feb 3 2016, 18:56

BiggerPockets Family,

I currently hold a full time job at PNC bank and have held my PA Real Estate Salesperson license for about 2 years now since graduating college in 2014.  I understand that it is a tough feat to succeed as a real estate agent on the side but I know there are tricks out there and strategies to employ to maximize the time I am able to put forth.  To add to my predicament, I have recently re-located from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh so my network is thin and my familiarity of the area is growing but not that of those experienced agents I'm competing with.  In 2015, I closed on two houses (both co-workers at PNC) and fully understand how tough it was to juggle both jobs and provide acceptable service to my clients.  That being said, I would love to hear how others succeed holding their license part time.  While in college, I did very well placing tenants on a college campus for a local property management company but have not been able to find a similar partner in my new area to do so.  As I will continue to seek out deals, I was curious of other creative ways to put my license to good use rather than compete against the big sharks and still have a profitable side career to supplement my day job.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

-Cam

Loading replies...